We are two sisters (Sallie and Julia) three years apart who share the same love for eating well and staying in shape. While Sallie is a stay at home mother of four and Julia is about to become a first time mom, we have always strived to make healthy lifestyle choices. We each have our own style of diet and exercise, whether it's Sallie training to run a marathon, or Julia getting up at 5am to attend a Body Pump class, but our goals are the same, to always be The Fit Mamas

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Healthy Recipes--Strawberry Banana Protein Shake

I know I've mentioned on my cooking blog that I eat a lot of oatmeal. I really try to keep my breakfasts simple. For me, if I start my day off eating healthy it makes me feel better and motivates me to eat healthy for the rest of the day. Also, I workout first thing in the morning so my breakfast needs to replenish all the calories I've just burned off and fuel my body for the rest of the day. Besides oatmeal another one of my favorite breakfasts is protien shakes. They are quick, filling and delicious. This is one of my favorites. You can vary the fruit and flavor of protien for variety.




Strawberry Banana Protien Shake

1 cup (8 ounces) Light Vanilla Soymilk *see note below*

1 serving protien powder (this varies depending on which protien powder you buy, usually 1-2 scoops) I LIKE CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA

1/2 banana, sliced

1/2 cup frozen strawberries, slightly thawed

1/2-3/4 cup ice



Put all ingredients in blender. Blend until desired consistency is reached. Serve immeadiately.




Approx. Calories : 275


Calories will vary depending on which protien and milk you use




*You can replace the Soy Milk with skim milk, but the Vanilla Flavored Soy Milk adds sweetness.*







Sincerly,

The Fit Mamas

1 comment:

  1. I am totally going to support this blog, I could use some good recipes, tips and advice so thanks! Jamie Blackwell

    ReplyDelete