GARDEN- STYLE LASAGNA
2 cups chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp olive oil, divided
2 cups chopped zucchini (about 8 ounces)
2 cups chopped yellow squash (about 8 ounces)
2 cups thinly sliced carrot (about 8 ounces)
2 cups chopped broccoli (about 6 ounces)
1 tsp salt, divided
½ cup flour
3½ cups 1% low-fat milk
1 cup (4 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
dash of nutmeg
10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1½ cups 1% low-fat cottage cheese
2 cups (8 ounces) pre-shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
9 pre-cooked lasagna noodles, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Spoon onion mixture into a large bowl.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and yellow squash; sauté 4 minutes or until tender and just beginning to brown. Add to onion mixture.
4. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced carrot; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add chopped broccoli; sauté 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add to onion mixture. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt; toss well to combine.
5. Place flour in a medium saucepan. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 2 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add ½ cup Parmesan, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, pepper, and nutmeg; stir until smooth. Stir in spinach.
6. Combine cottage cheese and 1½ cups mozzarella; stir well. Spread ½ cup spinach mixture in bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over spinach mixture in dish; top with half of cottage cheese mixture, then half of vegetable mixture, and about 1 cup spinach mixture. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread remaining spinach mixture on top of noodles; sprinkle with remaining ½ cup Parmesan and remaining ½ cup mozzarella.
7. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Calories From Fat (26%) 75
Total Fat 8.32g
Saturated Fat 4.52g
Dietary Fiber 2.99g
Net Carbohydrates 30.46g
WW POINTS: 7
Recipe Source: Adapted from Cooking Light